Abigail has been stringing words together into little "sentences" for a while now and I have yet to document this. Bad Mommy. There are no excuses, but I guess life just gets in the way. Before Christmas and definitely after, Rich and I have both been more stressed than usual with work and I have not had any time to work on the blog. Meanwhile, little Abigail is learning SO MUCH every day. At this point she is speaking very well, using nearly complete sentences, even if they are not necessarily always grammatically correct. She is also becoming extremely independent as evidenced by some of the her current favorite phrases/sentences: "my do it" and "my turn, okay?". Okay is big right now. . .
About one month ago she would say, "uh oh yocks!". Now she says, "Abby puts socks on".
This is a flashback from late December/early January: Here are a few of her phrases and "sentences". . . in her own dialect, with "a" as a filler. Also note words with mama/dada are often interchanged.
Abigail: Actual:
Mama's nummin' Mama's coming
Dada a nit-in Daddy's in the kitchen
Santa a a red bite Santa's on a red bike (neighbors have lots of inflatable Christmas yard decor)
Hold on peas Hold on please
Happy Hol-days Happy Holidays
Dada a wort Daddy's at work
Boo-too reh-y Bagel's ready (she says this when the toaster pops up)
Nomo tree Christmas tree
Abby a all done neigh Abby is all done with horse (riding her wooden horse)
Mama a one more bite mean Mama has one more bite of beans
Hi yuh you Hi love you
She can say so much more now than what's on this list. Each night she says, "night night dada, I love you dada" and "night night mama, I love you mama" and gives us each two kisses, one on each cheek! Best way to end my day for sure!
NYE
8 years ago
Such a smart, big girl!!!!!! Just darling:)
ReplyDelete