We can generally understand almost everything that Abigail says. Then one day she came out with, "nitten wipers". I was stumped. Nitten wipers? really? sometimes pronounced as "nittan why-paas", what on earth could this be?? One day at school she pointed to a picture of a leprechaun, and a shamrock and a picture that one of her little friends had drawn, and said, "Nitten wipers". A few more days went on, and Rich and I pretty much cracked up anytime she ever said, "nitten wipers", just because it sounded so ridiculous. It had become a joke around the house and we remained clueless. Then one day it hit me. . . Jaiden Roberts! She was saying her little friend's first and last name. When she pointed to the wall, she was pointing to a picture with his symbol on it. (Each child at school has a symbol: butterfly, dog, train, etc., and she knows which symbol goes with some of her little friends). I couldn't believe I might have guessed what it was, and could not wait to ask her teacher's if Jaiden's last name was Roberts. Sure enough, I was right! The Nitten Wipers mystery has been debunked!
NYE
8 years ago
Well-written account of a joy of parenting. . . Amusing and reveals what a good little communicator we have in the making. As for me, I'm Continuing to learn hand signals. A great one is "play."
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandmama